International Sustainability Conference
February 3-4, 2014
Toronto (various locations)
For information: www.stagingsustainability.ca
Great ideas about arts survival converge on Toronto for Staging Sustainability 2014.
The first international conference and trade show, Staging Sustainability 2014 promotes a conversation about how the future of arts and the future of the planet are inextricably entwined. Industry and community speakers bring ideas to redefine how Canadian artists, arts organizations, and arts presenters face their uncertain future.
- Simon Brault, CEO, National Theatre School of Canada; a Canadian cultural crusader and author of No Culture, No Future;
- Tim Cynova, deputy director of Fractured Atlas; New York City’s non-profit Fractured Atlas offers a template for building sustainable arts infrastructure;
- Katie Oman, a specialist in strategic facilities planning for arts and culture;
- Tony Award-winning set designer Donyale Werle, a leader in sustainable design and activist with the Broadway Green Alliance;
- Australian artist and ecological design guru Tanja Beer, whose leading edge ideas include an edible performance space;
- Alison Tickell, Founder and Director of UK’s renowned Julie’s Bicycle;
- Marie Zimmerman, Artistic Director of Guelph’s Hillside Festival.
Cape Farewell Foundation is pleased to be working on this conference in partnership with ArtsBuild Ontario, The Theatre Centre, TAPA, PACT, and York University.