When we think of words that remind us of the United States, one of the terms that usually come to mind is “sandwiches.” The country is known for its love of burgers and other different types of sandwiches. Americans are fans of placing anything in between pieces of bread for their everyday meal. And it’s not really surprising.
Sandwich Consumption in the U.S.
Did you know that almost half of the adult population in the U.S. consume one or more sandwiches in a day? About 47% of the adult population prefers eating sandwiches in any type of occasion. Most people love purchasing ready-made sandwiches from restaurants and food stalls because of convenience.
This reveals that Americans definitely love sandwiches. No wonder, more companies are taking advantage of the popularity of the food. There’s definitely a huge advantage if entrepreneurs choose to open a burger joint or get a PrimoHoagies Franchise. The demand for sandwiches will remain high, so it’s a great opportunity to invest in a sandwich business.
Popular Sandwiches in the U.S.
America has a huge variety of sandwiches. Here are some of the most popular ones.
- Grilled Cheese – This is by far the most popular type of sandwich among Americans. Famous cheese sandwiches include American cheese, pepper jack, provolone, and sharp cheddar.
- Chicken – Grilled chicken sandwiches are also popular in the U.S., scoring high on the likability scale. They’re a healthier alternative compared to crispy chicken sandwiches.
- Beef – Roast beef goes with different types of cheese, so consumers have different options for a beef sandwich upgrade.
- Ham – Ham sandwich is also a crowd favorite. It may appear simple, but it gives off a classic and tasty taste that is loved by many. Popular ham sandwiches include roast pork and Italian meat. This type of sandwich also goes well with cheese and other add-ons, such as egg, tomatoes, and spinach.
- BLT – Bacon paired with lettuce and tomato is popular for those who are not too conscious about eating healthy. Aside from its sumptuous taste, BLT is easy to prepare. Anyone can conveniently order one without thinking too much about upgrades or add-ons. You can enjoy a BLT sandwich on its own.
- PB&J – Of course, the classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich is included in the most popular sandwich list. For some reason, this type of sandwich is popular among NBA players. It’s simple, tasty, and quick-to-eat.
- Tuna – A humble tuna sandwich is popular among the working class. Its classic taste reminds people of home-made tuna salad (with bread). It’s also affordable compared to other sandwiches. No wonder, people also love purchasing this type of sandwich.
- Egg – For fans of an easy, simple, but filling breakfast, egg sandwiches are their go-to. Egg salad sandwiches can also be upgraded with meat or cheese fillings.
The U.S. will keep its name as one of the countries that love sandwiches. More sandwich recipes may arise because of modern innovation, but the sandwiches in this list will definitely stay popular among Americans.